Blog post #2

     I use Microsoft word for almost everything. This includes taking notes, organizing my thoughts, writing my Christmas lists, writing extensive essays, and many others things. It is a staple in my work and school life and I would say I use it almost every day. I prefer Microsoft word over anything else because it is the most universal and user friendly. If I do not know how to maneuver something, I can usually look it up on google and find the answer. Word is also the most consistent and does not frequently change, so I am much more comfortable with this application than any others. 

    The ITSE Standard for Educators that means the most to me is the very first one, the learner standard. This standard means educators are expected to always be open to developing techniques and ideas. This means learning from everyone and everything around you, students and colleagues. This constant learning is always in favor of their students. This is the most important standard to me because the world is always changing and very quickly. If you do not strive to keep up you will be left behind and unable to properly educate others. As an educator it is your duty to prioritize those you are teaching and therefore you are obligated to maximize your abilities to educate.

    The term "digital native" is appropriately labeled for the newer generations. The world of technology is the fastest to evolve and therefore it leaves the people newest in it the easiest to understand since they have known nothing else. I have seen the gap between "natives" and "immigrants" but not in school. I see the gap the greatest in my job with the state. I help people everyday navigate our websites and many people seem to really struggle with this. I have to remain patient and remember that not everyone has the access I have had to technology. The older generations I notice struggle the most and often get too frustrated to continue. I am sure there will always be a gap since this world is always changing, but it may not be as great as the gap before technology was incorporated. 

Comments