Blog post 7

 

       I visited Leon High School's website and found Sandra, Brinkman's class page. She had some encouraging announcements at the top and then laid out the assignments and tasks for the next week below. Her page was very easy to follow and well displayed. The tasks required were clear and easy to access for students to quickly get to and from. This is a great resource for parents as well if they need to monitor their child's homework or help them complete these assignments. If I had a page it would be very similar to this format for the easiest use from my students so they can focus on the assignments and not navigating my website.

    Before this class I was not a very technologically savvy individual so I did not envision myself using a great deal of technology in my classroom. However, after reaching the half way point for this class I realize now the importance of technology in the classroom and how beneficial it can be to learning. I could see myself using 60% of my time with technology and the other 40% of my time doing other techniques like physical materials or interactive assignments. I have mentioned it several times but I would use the app or website Miro Board for a lot of my classwork since it is easily accessible and very easy to navigate. That is a very important element to me when using technology since I myself get very frustrated and distracted when I cannot figure out a website or technology in general. There are endless resources on the internet in todays time so it has become easier to understand unknown things, which is a huge advantage in education.

    PBworks was not my favorite website we have used in this class and I do not see myself using it in the future. While it is a very beneficial resource I felt it was over crowded and hard to focus on what I was reading. It also felt a little disorganized and I had a hard time flipping from page to page. This might become easier with practice but I feel there are other websites that are easier to use that I would reach for first instead of PBworks for group projects.

Comments