Blog post 8

 https://gochnauershistory.weebly.com/parent-resources.html

Building a website was extremely difficult and one of the harder assignments we've had to date. This was something I have never done before so it was all uncharted territory for me. However I did learn some things though this assignment. My favorite skill I learned from building the website was the navigating the google calendar. This can be an extremely useful tool in the future and I look forward to using it in my personal and professional life.

Diigo is a very useful website for sharing information with others in a similar community. For example as a potential teacher I could use Diigo to share information with fellow teachers and also obtain information for myself. I learned more about embedding links as well as using tags to make information easier to find and more accessible to others. This site was relatively easy to use and would be even easier with practice.

Technology is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. It is always evolving and there is almost always new technology or an update for existing technology available. As educators it is up to us to be connected with updates and new tools so that our students are receiving the best education possible. They cannot learn as well if they are not utilizing every possible tool or resource. This is directly correlated with professional development as it is your job as a teacher to educate in the best of your ability which means being adaptable and current.

https://www.edapp.com/blog/20-free-teacher-tools/

The link above is to a microlearning blog that provides tools for teachers to help them navigate new technology and other helpful resources. 

Comments

  1. Hello! I really enjoying looking at your website. The introduction was put together well and you picked a professional photo to use. While the home page followed the CRAP the other tabs could have had better design characteristics. The one that stood out to me the most was on the reading resources tab the the words were hard to read because of the background color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! your website was easy to use and to look at! i could clearly read everything, the theme repeated across all pages, the navigation bar had everything proximally located, and everything aligned well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I will say, building a website is extremely difficult and way harder than what it seems. I personally struggled a lot with building the website and it did take ma a while to get it to come out the way that I wanted, but even at the end I could not get the link to work for some reason. This was a good experience because I realized what worked and what didn't. If I were to actually create a website for something, I would most likely pay someone to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment